Sunday, January 27, 2013

Another Time, Another Place

Good news everyone! I have finally managed to find a new job with a major pharmaceutical research company which I started on Monday! Yesterday I was invited along to a staff night out which was great fun with only one thing to complain about. There was this guy, let's call him Engelbert, and he seemed like a perfectly nice guy. We chatted some and seemed to be getting on well and he asked me out. Now, I have never had a boyfriend so this was quite a big thing for me but after thinking about it I figured I was not attracted to him and tried to let him down gently. I thought that would be it and that we could be friends but throughout the night he continued to pester me to go out with him, no matter how many times I said no. Maybe if he had left it after the first time of asking, got to know me a bit better, maybe asked me again later I might have said yes but now ... now he feels creepy and a little scary and I don't know if I could even be friends with him now.

First time. First time I'm asked out and he turns out to be a weirdo. Figures.

No comments:

Post a Comment